Teaching Yoga to Children 20-Hr Teacher Training is an incredible journey into a child’s world. This comprehensive training will prepare you to teach yoga and mindfulness to children from Kindergarten to Grade 8.
This training is ideal for:
- Yoga teachers and yoga students
- Classroom teachers
- Child psychologists
- Camp leaders
- Social workers
- Physical therapists
- School or family counsellors
- Or anyone who regularly works with children
Through an interactive, creative and educational approach, you’ll learn:
- Developmental stages of children
- Research-based benefits of yoga and mindfulness
- Children’s yoga postures – individual, partner and group
- Breathing, visualization, relaxation
- Music and games that promote collaboration and fun
- Lesson planning and hands-on experience
The training facilitator, Rita Maltais, has well over 500 hours of yoga training, including Yoga Ed K-8 Certified Radiant Child Yoga Program Level 1. She is also a Mindful Educator with many years of experience as a school teacher, working with children of all ages.
To view more information about the training dates and cost, click here.