Become 500 Hour
Yoga Alliance Certified
Begin your journey today!
If you are a 200- or 300-Hr Certified Hatha Yoga teacher, you can start the journey today to become 500-Hr Yoga Alliance Certified.
Our program works in accordance with the Yoga Alliance curriculum, and you don’t need to have earned your previous certification with Yoga for Today in order to enrol in our program. Our program can be completed in financially supportive ways, while allowing for spacious integration of teachings and trainings to meet individual needs.
Note: Yoga for Today can also accommodate students who are interested in acquiring their 1,000-Hr Teacher Training designation. Contact the studio for more information: email@example.com.
Yoga for Today offers a self-paced program where you complete a combination of core programs and courses, along with individually selected workshops of interest that align with your personal yoga path.
Core Programs (135 hours)
Core Programs to be taken with any of these facilitators:
- Marla Ericksen
- Glenda Sartore
- Robin Golt
- Fiona Stang
- Anne Douglas
- Jill Gaumont
- Brea Johnson
- Leslie McKenzie
Core Courses (70 hours)
25 hours in the following areas:
- Asana and pranayama
- Kriyas, chanting, mantras and meditation
- Other traditional yoga techniques
30 hours in the following areas:
- Traditional texts (e.g. Yoga Sutras, Hatha Yoga Pradipika)
- Yoga Lifestyle (e.g. Yamas & Niyamas)
- Understanding the value of Karma and teaching yoga as a service
15 hours in the following areas:
- Yoga anatomy and physiology
Elective Courses (75 hours)
- Workshops of interest offered at Yoga for Today
Practicum (20 hours)
- With Chris Erdmann-Boyko and other senior teachers
Please note the following:
- There is no fee to apply for Yoga for Today’s 500-Hr program
- Participation in Yoga for Today workshops over the past two years can be retroactively applied to program hours
- Students are responsible for recording and tracking program hours
Other Forms and Links: